Is a Tungsten Ring Strong and Durable?
Is a Tungsten Ring (a.k.a. Tungsten Carbide) Strong and Durable?
A direct quote from Matt (the artist) “Hell yeah, it is” and then he rattled on a whole lot of interesting stuff that I will do you the favor of summarizing below😊
- Tungsten is rated 9 out of 10 on the Mohs scale of hardness. The only stronger material, meaning the only material that can scratch tungsten is diamond!
- Tungsten is naturally hypoallergenic so folks with skin allergies can normally wear these rings with no issues.
- Tungsten has the highest melting point of all metals at 6,192 degrees Fahrenheit!
- Tungsten is the top selling metal for men's wedding bands in America!
- Tungsten is hard…like super hard. That comes with some downfalls as it will break. While tungsten is highly durable, it is also relatively brittle. If your tungsten ring is subjected to a significant impact or force, it may crack or shatter.
- Tungsten rings are so strong they can physically not be resized (we will send you a free sizer so this never applies to you!).
- Tungsten rings will never ever tarnish or turn your finger green!
Overall, Tungsten rings are affordable, reliable, super strong and will last for multiple lifetimes! Tungsten is not very heavy, but heavy enough to feel the ring on your finger. It is perfect for men and women and will hold up to way more than your finger can handle!
If you have any questions, just let me know!